Mediterranean Beef with Mixed Olives and Feta (4 to 6 Servings)
Total Recipe Time: on LOW setting: 8-1⁄4 to 9-1⁄4 hours; on HIGH setting: 5-1⁄4 to 6-1⁄4 hours
- 2 pounds beef for stew, cut into 1⁄2 to 3⁄4-inch pieces
- 2 cans (14-1⁄2 to 15 ounces each) chili-seasoned diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup assorted olives, pitted, cut in half
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Cooked basmati rice
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled feta cheese
Place beef, tomatoes and olives in 3-1⁄2 to 5-1⁄2-quart slow cooker. Cover and cook on LOW 8 to 9 hours, or on HIGH 5 to 6 hours, or until beef is fork-tender. (No stirring is necessary during cooking.) Season with salt and pepper.
Serve over rice, as desired. Sprinkle with cheese.
Cook's Tip: For more Mediterranean flavor, add grated lemon peel to the cooked basmati rice. Also great recipe for your crock pot.
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, vitamin B12, selenium and zinc; and a good source of niacin, vitamin B6 and iron.