After-Work Beef Pot Roast Dinner (6 to 8 Servings)
- 1 boneless beef chuck pot roast or rump roast (3 to 3-1⁄2 pounds)
- 1 envelope (0.7 ounces) Italian dressing mix
- 2 large onions, each cut into 8 wedges
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into 1-1⁄2 inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup ready-to-serve beef broth
- 2 zucchini, cut into 1⁄4-inch thick slices
- 2-1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch dissolved in 2 tablespoons water
- Salt and pepper
Press dressing mix evenly onto all surfaces of beef pot roast. Place onions and garlic in 4-1/2 to 5-1/2-quart slow cooker; top with pot roast. Add bell peppers and broth. Cover and cook on HIGH 5 hours, or on LOW 8 hours. Add zucchini. Continue cooking, covered, 30 minutes or until pot roast is fork-tender.
Remove pot roast and vegetables. Strain cooking liquid; skim fat. Combine 2 cups cooking liquid and cornstarch mixture in medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir 1 minute or until thickened.
Carve pot roast into slices; season with salt and pepper, as desired. Serve with vegetables and gravy.
Alternatively you can cook this in your crock pot.
Allow 7-8 hours for fork tender.
Add cooking liquid when you start up crock pot with pot roast.
Add cornstarch mixture and zucchini 30 minutes prior to serving
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, iron and zinc.